Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Numbers, New Questions

Around 10 last night Trina made mention of her 2 days of copious EWCM. I asked her to use one of the OPK's on her next trip to the restroom. Sure enough it was positive. Damn, she's surging before the trigger. I tossed and turned all night dreaming about her ovulating before we had a chance to inseminate. I was up long before the alarm went off. Much to my despair her temp rose .4 overnight. I was a little less than cautiously optimistic on the way to our u/s appointment this morning. Steeling myself for the worst, I was surprised when the nurse said everything looked good. I asked her if she would've been able to tell if Trina had already ovulated. She said that the follicles would have been hazier and that they would have looked "deflated" instead of round. My fears were eased for the moment and there was nothing to analyze until the numbers came in later. I really wish I was one of those people who could operate on blind hope or faith or whatever it is that happy "ignorance is bliss" people function on. Alas, I am not one of those people. I'm a person who analyzes numbers and any other form of information made available to me.

The numbers came in around noon. They are as follows:
Estradiol- 861
Progesterone- 3.3
LH- 32.8
Left Ovary- 14.22, 14.65, 14.65
Right Ovary-17.46, 17.88

I was VERY pleased to see the progesterone under 10 indicating no ovulation as of yet. I know I should've taken the nurse's word, but I'm just not very good at that. I still can't stop myself from worrying that she'll ovulate today or tonight before we inseminate. On a more positive note, I'm thrilled to see those 2 large follies. They are both bigger than the one we had last cycle. I can only hope that they will make us some twins. :) Tonight we trigger, tomorrow morning we have IUI#1 then Thurs morning IUI#2. In the meantime I'm going to try VERY hard not to "what if" myself to death...




10 comments:

Dani Magestro said...

hugs and fxfxfxfxfx!

K J and the kids said...

I'm going to cross my fingers for a healthy singleton :) warnings from a twin mommy.

I went in for an insem with a new Dr. first month off of clomid and she told me that my ovaries were deflated, that there was liquid in my uterus and that I had ovulated already. We had the swimmers so we decided to put them in. after 5 almost 6 years of trying. this was the cycle that took and now I want to scream at my 5 year old daughter who won't go to bed :)
Crossing my fingers for you guys.

Jen said...

That right ovary looks perfect! Here's hoping and giving s little to blind chance. :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! Fingers crossed for you, glad that the timing is still good and you didn't miss out - the numbers are looking great!

anofferingoflove said...

sounds like everything is lining up perfectly! good luck with the insem this morning and tomorrow! i'll keep fingers crossed for ya'll!

mama bea, bao in the oven said...

how about "new numbers, new results"? Everything sounds fantastic!

CJ said...

You can what if yourself to death, but what will be will be! Keeping my fingers crossed for you both!!

Anonymous said...

I am the same way on the ignorance is bliss topic. Who can operate like that anyway? I happen to think the timing sounds great! What do I know though right? But it does!

I'll be thinking of you and wishing you a big ass bpf.

Anonymous said...

Numbers look good! Hope to hear good news from you all soon.

Carrie said...

I think your timing is great. My OB always said the egg can be fertilized for 24 hours after ovulation, sometimes longer. Based on yoru OB's assessment of the follicles, it doesnt sound like T ovulated yet. I think you are all good! I once saw my follicles on the day of an insem, and I had ovulated the night before. I could def see the deflated follies.
The one good thing about ovulating right before/after insemming...since the spermies only live like 8-12 hours, then you catch it at the best time. I think there were times I insem'd 18 hours before I ovulated, meaning they were all crapped out by the time my egg was like "I"m here, come and find me!" :) Sounds like you got this one timed great!