Thursday, January 5, 2012

First Trip To The Zoo

Today we finally took the boys to the zoo. A friend's mother gave us 4 passes ages ago, but one thing or another always came up. The boys had so much fun and were completely worn out by the end. We spent the day looking at animals while the rest of the zoo looked at us. We'd say "Oooh, look elephants!" and we'd hear "Oooh, look triplets!" One little girl corrected her mother by saying they COULDN'T be triplets because they weren't dressed the same. We heard "You sure have your hands full." from dozens of adults and "It's a train wagon!!!" from dozens of children. All in all we had a great time. I can't wait to go back. 

 Simon looked like he was waiting for someone to yell at the Rhino for breaking the wall.

 Watching the Giant Eland graze.

 Checking out "Liberty" the bald eagle.

This otter swam by the boys over and over. It was so cute.

 There was so much to see in the African Forest exhibit.

 Dex got up close and personal with a Chimpanzee.
Notice the family staring at us in the background? Welcome to our life. :)

 We could get them all to look, but not to smile. 

 Two smiles and one look of complete & total boredom.

 Each of these buttons made different forest animal sounds. It was endlessly entertaining.

 Simon made out with this buffalo for a while. What? Giant grassland creatures need love, too.

 The boys really liked all of the realistic animal statues.

 I love the look on Dexter's face. He's thinking "Yeah, go ahead & put your hand near his face & see if you don't pull back a bloody nub."

 Mama and baby Rhinos. 

 For snack time we laid out a buffet of peanut butter balls, orange segments, cheese cubes, crackers, fruit melts, avocado banana balls, water & milk.

 The big boys chowed down on all the yummies. 
Linus decided to eat his dirty sweat sock instead...

Yes, yes they do. :)

16 comments:

Baby Mama, too. said...

They are all just so darn cute!

Doug and Bill said...

Great photos. Just had a good look at your journey to triplets. Wow!...you guys sure endured a lot and I feel like our experience was nuthin'! Congrats...happy new year...and hope 2012 is better the 2011! Take care.

K J and the kids said...

I love the picture where you're taking a picture of the boys and everyone looking at you guys :)
Great trip. good documenting mom.
Love the bumper sticker.

Anonymous said...

That top photo is delicious! And the one with the tiger totally freaked me out. eeek! ;)

tireegal68 said...

What a great outing! I love your wagon train and all your cute boys' faces! Does that thing go in the van? Linus is in good company - Isobel likes to chew her socks too! Your snacks sound yummy! Go you!

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! The expressions on the boys' faces are so cute!

Allison said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Jen said...

Where do you live at that you can wear t-shirts to the zoo in January??? :)

I've been stalking for about a year, and I must say, I love reading about you guys. I only know what I read, but it seems like you are doing an awesome job as parents. All the best!

Wiley said...

Looks like a great trip!

Now, how hard is it really to pull the tain?

Next in Line said...

I love the wagon! What a great idea. Great pics of three great boys.

Sabrina said...

They are adorable! I love Linus eating his sock, he's so cute! They are precious! About the family in the background, were they giving you that look because they were super jealous of your awesome train wagon?? I like to think so.I love the boys, love the train, and the sticker, you have a beautiful family, whoever doesn't like it, f-em.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun!
What are avocado banana balls??
I think if I saw you somewhere I might stare too - sorry ;)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to see you posting again! Love all the pictures, the boys are getting so big. Kissing the buffalo awwww. Eating the sock, ummmm no thank you, but then again never tried it so it just might be tasty. LOL. I'm so glad that you had a fun family day. It's time for more of them. :) I'm with Kathrin...I would stare too...but only because the boys are all so sweet and I stare at all babies. They make me smile, they are a sign to me that the future has hope. Leslie

Pomegranate said...

i love how linus seems to always be smiling. all of them are too cute. happy new year!

oh, and i would stare, too, even if it was just one of them, at the utter cuteness. 3x the cute is just too much.

Life on Prescott Street said...

lol... I love it~

Danielle Pawlk said...

Yep when we take our three out we get a lot of comments too and people watch us instead of what is going on.
And since I am pregnant with our fourth we get comments like weren't three enough for you??
We just smile at them and say we are very blesses and tell them that God only gives Triplets to people who can handle the responsibility :-)