Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Plead The 5th

So the other day when Trina was getting undressed for bed, I noticed the elastic on her panties left an angry red line across her hip. When I pointed it out, she acknowledged that, yes, they were getting a "little" tight. The next time we went out, I bought her 2 different packages of very soft, comfy looking undies in a larger size. I figured we could get more of whichever she liked better. The next day when I called her from work we had this conversation:

Trina: I opened those panties today and they are really big!

Me: Oh that sucks, I'll get you the next size down on my way home from work.

Trina: No, they fit!

Me: Oh, that's good.

Trina: No it's not good! Have you seen my ass lately??

Me: Uh, yeah...

Trina: Why didn't you tell me it was getting so huge!?!?

Me: Um, because I don't have a death wish? :)

Trina: I hate you.

Me: Why? It's not MY fault your ass is huge.

Trina: Uh, yes it is!

Me: Oh yeah, my bad. :)



18 Week Belly, 42", +17lbs

16 comments:

moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

hahahah! you two would be awesome to hang out with!!! lol.

A. Smith said...

Tell her not to feel bad. My ass was twice that big and I only had one baby. As far as I'm concerned she's way ahead of the game.

Movie Girl said...

LMAO!! Love the banter between you two! It's great times like this that make you love your partner more and more. Cute belly pic :)

cindyhoo2 said...

Ahhhhh, yes. You are so correct. The answer to "does my butt look big?" is always an EMPHATIC "No sweetie!"

K J and the kids said...

Trina, you look fantastic...and even if I say it you won't believe it so I'm just telling your wife and any commenter who reads this :)
It's hard not to think these things while pregnant. Thing is, those hormones and babies and placenta are pushing those hips out to make room for THREE babies. It's all part of the plan :)
Just you wait. You don't even KNOW big yet. hee hee

Shely said...

Tell her just to wait till the end and she is stretching out and busting the elastic in even bigger size panties. haha!

CJ said...

You guys have not one, not two, but THREE babies in there! My ass is still bigger and I only have ONE, so there!!

Lucy said...

I just found your blog and I absolutely love it! Its so true to life and your sense of humor is awesome...I hope everything goes well with the rest of the pregnancy!!

j.k-c. said...

My sister's theory (with singelton pregnancy) was that her ass got big in proportion to the belly to "balance things out" so she didn't tip over. I'm not sure this theory bodes well for a triplet pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Sounds like my house!

Poor Trina, I feel her pain. Tell her to get some maternity panies. They really are THE BEST. I recomend the ones from Pea in the Pod if you have one of those out there.

welcome2ourworld said...

*loooooooooool* How sweet :)

H2 said...

Love following your blog as my partner and I are beginning the journey to *hopefully* a baby of our very own. Thanks. twomomsandababybump.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's awesome! Hope everything turned out okay!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say, reading your blog puts a smile on my face everytime :) The two of you are awesome!

Shely said...

Haven't seen a new blog in a while, are Trina and the babies ok?

Carrie said...

i noticed you are now 20 weeks! congrats on hitting the halfway mark! How is everyone doing?