Saturday, March 15, 2008

Quick update

We are now on CD10. Trina took her last Clomid yesterday. Trina is known for having EVERY side effect listed on EVERY medication she takes, so I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this week went. She had some cramping and some mood swings, but nothing like what I braced myself for. Mostly she's been quick to cry. Bitter coffee? Cry. Commercial with babies and/our puppies? Cry. I have to leave for work. Cry. We've gone through lots of tissues and all the chocolate, but all in all, it was uneventful.

It's hard to imagine that in 3 to 5 days, we'll "officially" start trying to conceive. Today at work I told my immediate coworkers and my boss that I'd have to call in one day next week. My coworkers were very excited for me. My boss asked why and when I told him it was for a "pregnancy related appt" he said "Why do YOU have to go?" I said "Because she's my wife and this will be OUR baby" He said "I didn't go to my wife's pregnancy appts" I said "Well that's because you're a bastard." I don't think he knew what to say after that. He just sort of blinked alot and I smiled and walked off. Tonight I called my mom and told her that we'd be starting next week. She wished us well and told me to tell Trina that she was thinking of her. :) It's nice to have so many people in our corner. We've already had alot of support from friends and family and we've barely even started the journey.

All that's left is the waiting. I'm no good at waiting. I think that's going to be the hardest part for me. Right now I have to wait until she ovulates, then I have to wait to see if it worked, then I either have to wait to try again or wait to see if it "sticks" then I have to wait to find out the sex, then wait for him/her to be born... That's SO much waiting. Stupid waiting...

5 comments:

Stacey said...

yeah, the waiting sucks BIG time... I hate it already, your mind goes in circles, did it work, didnt it, what if... happened... its just non-stop.. if I could take a big pill and go to sleep til I knew, I would!! Anyhow, good luck!!! Let us know how it all goes....

Anonymous said...

It's funny how they always say that children grow up so fast. It seems like once the baby is born, all the waiting is over (and so worth it) and life flies by. Hang in there - I can't wait to read your post-insemination entry!

Stacey said...

how is it going?? xx

Inlocoparentis said...

I find your excitement and hope really refreshing. I truly hope this is your one and only cycle. :)

Bawhana said...

The waiting doesn't last... you think... "DAMN IT, I am going to be pregnant FOREVER” and then poof, 17 months have gone by and you now have a 7 month old and your changing diapers, feeding, bathing, changing diapers AGAIN, feeding AGAIN, changing, feeding ,changing, feeding… . Enjoy the waiting, because this will be the easiest part of your experience! I promise!