Thursday, May 15, 2008

Back By Popular Demand

It has been brought to my attention that I have been neglecting my faithful blog readers. My apologies. The day we got back from our weekend away, I started a 7 day work week. Yesterday was my first day off. It was great. I'll blog about it later, but for now, here's my anniversary story. :)

On the way down to Port Aransas we stopped at the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christie. It was great, but quite a bit smaller than we were expecting. Trina and I love to go to the zoos and aquariums at all the new places we visit. The last aquarium we visited was the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. That place is huge!

At check in, the little manager/owner lady was so sweet. She went on and on about how much we were going to like the cabana now. Apparently they had remodelled since our last trip 2yrs ago. After getting settled in, it was time to go meet my dad and his friend for dinner. They had been deep sea fishing all day. My dad caught 3 sharks totalling 30lbs or so. Trina's weak stomach stopped the "sea sickness" and "shark cleaning" conversation at dinner.:) We ate at Shell's and I have to say I was a little disappointed. The food was good, but not great like it usually is. I was sad. After dinner we all took a nice long walk down the beach and picked up seashells
.
The next 3 days were spent walking on the beach, shopping, eating, watching Animal Planet and other such lazy activities. While there, I learned my wife had never flown a kite. How do you live 29 years and never fly a kite?? I took her straight to a shop that carried stunt kites and picked up two. I assembled her kite, explained the 2 string steering basics, set her up 50 ft back and tossed the kite into the wind. It was beautiful. The kite soared for approximately 15 seconds before slamming into the earth and breaking beyond repair... She almost cried. I gave her my kite and we tried again. After a few crashes she had the hang of it. Now she's a pro and can spin the kite both ways and bring it down without digging a trench in the sand. That's my girl. :)

My favorite part of any trip is the food. I'm a big eater. Ask anyone and they'll tell you that meals rule my world. Our best food day was Monday. It started off with yummy breakfast tacos and pancakes at San Juan. We had an amazing "best meal of the trip" lunch at The Wharf including fresh bread, yummy salad, a baked potato, their world famous fried cheese and marinated grilled zucchini. After lunch we picked up some caramel from Winton's Candies. It is the best caramel you will ever eat. I think I put back about a pound throughout the weekend. The day ended with garlic cheese stick pizza at Port A Pizzaria. Mmmm, that's my kinda day. :)

8 comments:

tui said...

sounds like a great trip!

For the record, I too had never flown a kite til this year (27 years.

I bought a stunt kite for my wife for christmas and she couldn't believe it either!

I still suck at it lol

Stacey said...

hw nice!!! yes we have been checking in and wondering where you were at... sounds like a great trip.... :-)

Heather said...

I was wondering where you girls where!!
I'm glad that you had a nice trip, the kite story made me laugh. I'm glad that you finally got her to fly a kite!!

JS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JS said...

Sorry for all the posts. lol
My blog is back, just FYI. :)

Amy said...

"look at me - i'm posting again." show-off. [grin]

your turn again.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds awesome!!!