Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Story of Us

Trina and I dated long distance for 3 mos before she relocated to be with me. After we were together for about 9mos I knew she was "the one". Actually, I knew before then but that's when I started thinking about a proposal. I wanted it to be perfect. I found the ring and planned a romantic weekend getaway. I booked a cabana at a funky little place called Laughing Horse Lodge in Pt Aransas. All of the cabanas have cheesy "horse themed names". I almost choked when we got there and found out our cabana was named "Bridle Sweet". Our first night there, we took a walk on the beach. After a while, we went up into a life guard tower to sit and listen to the waves. I was so nervous. At the stroke of midnight, on one knee, I asked her to be my wife. To my great relief she said yes. :) 13mos later we flew to the Caribbean to get married on a beautiful white sand beach. It was amazing. We spent 8 days in paradise and met some really cool chicks. In some ways it feels like yesterday, but in reality it's been nearly a year. This Saturday, May 3rd, Trina and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary. We're going back to Pt A for a long weekend. We even booked the Bridle Sweet. :)

As luck would have it, my dad is also going to be in Pt A for a fishing trip. We plan on meeting up for dinner. I can't wait. We're taking him to our FAVORITE restaurant, Shell's. It's a tiny little place with the best food I have ever put in my mouth. I can't think of a better way to spend our anniversary weekend. Good food and good company at the beach.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Niiice! Happy One year!! I'm excited for you two, I hope that you have an awesome, long, relaxing weekend away.

I def know how it feels to propose, I was so nervous when I did it. I thought that I was going to faint! We are getting married in 6 months, can't wait!

Again, I hope that you two have a nice weekend... t

take it easy :)

R said...

CONGRATS!! ENJOY!!

Carrie said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

tbean said...

I proposed too. In the middle of a national park, on a big rock, in the middle of a stream.

Happy One Year!

j.k-c. said...

Beautiful!
Congrats on your One Year!

Heidi said...

Happy One Year!

jessie said...

Adorable! Happy Anniversary to you both.

Amy said...

Happy anniversary! Seems like yesterday you called Vada excited about picking up the ring. Here's to relaxation and good sleep, too.

B said...

Happy anniversary ladies! I hope the next year brings you much happiness and perhaps a little one to share it with.

tui said...

Happy Anniversary! :) Hope you have a great time away together!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary girls!! Awesome to read about that. Thanks for posting! Have an awesome time ladies!

Amy said...

FYI - the month is now May. i'll post again if you will.

Pufferfish said...

I just found your blog and finished updating myself of your journey.
I'm sorry that you experienced a loss and I hope that you are using this time to recover and be healthy.
I hope you had a great anniversary trip....