Thursday, April 17, 2008

Better Together

Wednesday's appointment wasn't as horrible as I was prepared for. Don't get me wrong, seeing an empty ultrasound was crushing, but we got through it. Our OB has amazing bedside manner. He managed to console us for our loss and at the same time, be upbeat about our next try. The ultrasound showed that, although there was still a small amount of blood in Trina's uterus, everything else looked "great". He gave us a Rx to resolve the blood issue and told us that there would not be a waiting period for our next IUI. With any luck we'll greet CD1 in 4-8 weeks and officially get back on the TTC train.

Somewhere along the way, "minute by minute" graduated to "one day at a time". Trina and I are are slowly healing our broken hearts. We've found strength in each other and those around us. I've been amazed both at how supportive people have been and how inconsiderate others were. It wasn't the fact that some were good to us and some were not that was so surprising. It was finding out that people didn't necessarily fit into the categories we expected them to. I guess that's just the way life goes.

14 comments:

JS said...

Oh my...I just stopped in to get an update and I am so sorry to see what has happened. I hope your journey to becoming mothers is very short. The feelings that come with continuing unsuccessful cycles can be so draining. You two just stay on the same team, communicate, don't forget about your love and the reasons you are TTC. I'm shutting my blog down, but I will continue to keep up with you girls. I'm thinking of you both, and I am so, so sorry.

Lizzie said...

I'm glad your hearts are healing. I'm glad you have each other. What you said about people's reactions is something I've read on other blogs, too. And I'm sorry for it.

evangeline said...

hey hey

i'm so sorry for your loss and also happy to see you've moved on to ... one day at a time ... it's true - sticking together is the MOST important thing for getting through any/all of this. in some ways, ttc has brought us so much closer together.

thanks for stopping by. i'll be checking in here often. added you to my roll.

have a great weekend!!

Amy said...

i'm sorry i was tripping to speak on wednesday, but i'm glad you both invited me out. lack of sleep is the worst torture device. trina gritting her teeth yet?

j.k-c. said...

So glad that you are beginning to heal. Still sending healing thoughts to you two.

Anonymous said...

one day at a time is good; it's all you can do now, and that is MORE than okay. my thoughts are with you guys. i hope that, soon, you will get the family you've always dreamed of. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're both on the right track. And I'm glad to hear you won't have to wait long to try again.
Get some rest. Find your peace.
Big hug.

N said...

I don't know why I hadn't seen these, I'm so sorry to hear it. But I think that you guys do have a great chance, given how quickly it worked this time.

*HUGS*

Carrie said...

Ha! I loved your comment to my blog post. I know you guys would come to my baby shower, and we would come to yours! :) Awwww, what a sweet community we all have. Maybe we should all have virtual baby showers. ha!
Thanks again for the nice note.

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear that you're growing together through this. I'm so sorry. I'm keeping you two close to my heart and keeping up the hope for your next cycle. ox

Carrie said...

hey, how are you two doing? Been thinking about you. *hugs*

B said...

K and I seem to do just fine as long as we are together. I hate that things like this make me appreciate her more. Why don't I appreciate her this much all the time? I'm glad the appointment went well (as well as it could go). Take care of each other. I guess studying stones is my miscarriage song too. Hope you don't mind sharing.

Anonymous said...

I stopped by here during an idle surfing moment and couldn't leave without saying how sorry I am to learn that seamonkey didn't stick around. Stay strong together and avoid those unsupportive people.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog via another, so I'm just now seeing your news. I'm so sorry that you've experienced this--especially your first round of trying. What a rollercoaster you've been on in such a short time. I hope you'll find this community holds you up and keeps you going. It's good to know, though, that everything else looks good and that you'll get to start again soon. Take care, you two.