75th percentile for height and weight (up from 25th percentile last month)
14lbs, 25" long
25th percentile for height
35th percentile for weight (wasn't even ON the chart last month)
75th percentile for height and weight (up from 35th percentile last month)
Disappointing Surgery Update:
I've been able to keep a pretty steady dose of denial in place these last few weeks as we waited for Linus's surgery date to draw near. I needed it to function. A few days ago I kept "feeling strange" and having stomach issues. I hoped beyond hope that I wasn't getting sick. I finally realized it was repressed anxiety. The minute Linus's surgery would come to mind, my stomach would drop and have that horrible butterfly feeling. My denial was slipping. Also slipping was Linus's health. He's been on a slow downhill slide, but over the last few days he's been noticeably worse. He barely eats anything by mouth, sleeps most of the day away, the slightest exertion has him drenched in sweat and he's had a few color changing episodes. Last night he turned pale blue around the mouth. Yesterday I worked my last day before starting my 2 weeks off . My mom drove into town to help us care for the boys and ourselves over the next few weeks. This morning Trina and Linus drove to the hospital to have him admitted and have his pre-op testing done for tomorrow's surgery. They got there around 7AM, dealt with paperwork and went to the lab. Drawing blood from Linus is a nightmarish ordeal. Every vein he has has been poked and prodded and ruined over the last few months. Today was no exception. They held him down and dug around in his arm making him scream, turn blue and soak his clothes with sweat. Trina was so upset at how roughly he was handled. When she got back upstairs, they informed her that all of the surgeries for the next few days had been cancelled do to an influx of emergencies and a heart/lung transplant. The CVICU was full so Linus would have no place to go post op. Trina was livid that she hadn't been told this BEFORE she drove the hour and a half to the hospital and BEFORE she put our fragile son through that terrible, now pointless, blood draw. We've been told that we will get a call "in the next few days" to reschedule. In the meantime I'll go back to work and we have no idea if my mom should stay or go home (6hrs away) and come back. This is NOT how I pictured this going. My boy is sick and he needs this surgery sooner rather than later. The anticipation is rough on me, but the wait is killing him.
I'll leave you with sad baby pictures because they most accurately depict my current state of mind...
Low Spirited Linus
(notice the single tear rolling down)