Thursday, February 25, 2010

Frozen Family

Before our embryo transfer on Sat, the doc told us we had two perfect blasts that he would be putting in, 2 morulas that may make it to freezing the next day and 3 that were "trailing". I thought "2 perfects and 2 maybe's? OK, I can handle that." The 2 that went in were that day were the most important after all. Monday morning I had Trina call to see if our 2 maybe-babies made it to the freezer. The nurse said there wasn't any info on them in the computer so she'd have to ask the embryologist and get back to us. I immediately "knew" that they didn't make it. My reasoning was that if they did get frozen on Sunday there would be no reason for them to not be in the computer on Monday. I was a little more crushed than I thought I would be. I didn't realize that I was hoping for that safety net as much as I was. That afternoon we got the call saying that we had 3 blasts on ice. Not only did our 2 morulas make it, one of our "trailers" kicked it into high gear and made the bus. I was shocked. I had mentally written them off. Somewhere along this long infertility road I lost my hope and optimism. I wonder if that comes back after you hold your precious new baby against your chest and smell their sweet little head. Anyone know?

6 comments:

2momswithaplan said...

It's that thought alone that keeps me going - to know that none of this heartache will matter once that baby is in my arms.

When do you ladies test?

anofferingoflove said...

thats wonderful news, congrats on the 3 frozen embies!!

as to your question -- im not sure the battle scars of if/mc ever go away completely, but holding your baby in your arms will start to ease the sharpness of that pain and allow you to focus on life's joy again.

wishing ya'll much luck!!

K J and the kids said...

Congratulations. Can't wait to hear the good news.

N said...

I have to second anofferingoflove. That stuff doesn't go away. But it makes it so much easier.

Hurrah for a frozen trio.

Heidi said...

Three frozen babies and one (or two??) on the way sounds wonderful!!!

fingers crossed for even more wonderful news in the days to come :)

mama bea, bao in the oven said...

Three cheers for those three little blasts! Hooray!

Can't wait to hear your next exciting announcement. When is test day?