Monday, February 1, 2010

It's Time!


Wow, it's been 10 weeks since I've posted! I just didn't have to will to blog during our 3 month break from TTC. Let me catch you up to speed...

After much thought & discussion, Trina and I decided to use my eggs for our IVF cycle. I've since had all of the requisite pre-IVF wanding, poking, prodding & blood letting. Everything checked out fine, so we filled out all of the paperwork again denoting my new involvement & had our fee schedule recalculated. We've both been on birth control pills for over a month now to sync our cycles. This has been my first experience with birth control pills so I wasn't sure what to expect. Other than some spotting, an increased number of headaches and a few scalding hotflashes, all went well on that front. Trina had her lupron injection on Tues & took her last pill on Fri. My last pill is tonight, my first IVF u/s and blood is Wed and my first hormone injection is Thurs. Although we're still waiting for Trina's PIO to come in, we have a mountain of meds on our dining room table. This is starting to get very "real". :)

10 comments:

N said...

How exciting!

cindyhoo2 said...

Holy cow! I always find it so sweet when 1 partner carries the others eggs. Ivf is quite an adventure: looking forward to hearing all about it.

Unknown said...

very exciting! keep us posted. we are all rooting for you!

Mina said...

Excited for you both!

ellebee13 said...

My partner and I went through this 8+ years ago. Our son is now 7.5 and the result of IVF cycle #2. The doctor and I had been debating over how many embryos to transplant and when I got in he said, "Oh, it we can put them all in, if you get pregnant it will be a miracle!" So they put 5 embryos in and only 1 was really viable. It only takes one and he is now playing with his sisters downstairs. Reading your blog takes me back to all of that madness and makes me wish I had written more down. good luck.

GIsen said...

Good luck! Your race has finally arrive.See you at the finish line:)

ellebee13 said...

Oh and try to remember that this is like the qualifying round! Once you get pg and give birth, it's all just beginning!

K J and the kids said...

Good luck !

2momswithaplan said...

YAYAYAY! I'm really excited for you two!

anofferingoflove said...

woohoo!!! wishing you two heaps of luck!