Sunday, February 1, 2009

What Big Game?

We're 6 DPO and hopfully we have a little bundle of cells burrowing onto Trina's uterine lining like the little guy to the left is doing. Fingers crossed. :)

Nearly everyone around me has been buzzing about the 'big game" these last few days. I did my best to avoid these conversations. I made the mistake of asking "who's playing" once. Once... I'd rather avoid the shock and awe I saw in their faces as I explained my complete ignorance of the upcoming game. I, myself, can think of nothing more boring than watching grown men run into each other repeatedly, on purpose. This got me thinking.

Question #4: What do you folks do for fun as you live your life in 2 week increments? What are your hobbies & interests?

Our Answer:
Trina and I shoot pool once or twice a week. She taught me how to play a while back and even bought me a beautiful cue that I LOVE. She's still much better than I am, but doesn't beat me nearly as badly as she used to. We take our dogs to the dog park nearly every week. I really enjoy the long talks we have while walking the long path and watching our puppies run and play. It's very cathartic. Both of us are avid readers and I read to her nearly every night to help her go to sleep. It helps to thwart her insomnia. We both love snuggling on the couch and watching movies. We have a long list of what I categorize as "guilty pleasure" movies. Some of these are Juno, Saved, Stick it & Bring It On. I really enjoy cooking. Trina is a very picky eater, but I've gotten her to try and even like more foods than she ever has before. I take a lot of pride in that. As I write, Trina is in the living room crocheting a stuffed bunny for our future baby. She's tried to teach me, but I'm all thumbs. Sometimes Trina pulls out her guitar. She has such a beautiful voice. I could listen to her all night.

Anyway, those are a few of the things we do to make life more enjoyable. What about you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...to pass the time in the tww. My wife and I watch a lot of movies. Not so much tv - barely any, but we are movie addicts. We don't seem to have a whole lot of free time as I am in school and my wife does consulting on the side. We read a lot, eat good food, and spend loads of time with friends and family - even if in very short snippets. We make sure to have our connection time too where we are just focused on one another. So important for us to not get completely swept up in the wait. Ideally, we like to take little trips - change of scenery and all.

I am thinking of you two!

Jill

2momswithaplan said...

I agree with you about the football thing. We just watch the superbowl for the commercials. Some of those commercials are hilarious!

During our TWW we like to watch movies. Our movie selection includes but is not limited to Love Actually, Beaches, The Notebook, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and But I'm a Cheerleader. I guess you can say that we prefer the romantic comedies. We also like to read and just finished reading the 'Twilight' series. As for the outdoorsy things - we love to go to the beach, and go to Sea World. We have season passes so we frequent that place often!

mulberry said...

sending you burrowing vibes... sounds like you two have a lot of fun ways to pass the time... dakota and i end up passing most of the time alone, as or schedules don't overlap well :( yours sounds way more fun... best of luck with this cycle!!

Anonymous said...

Hello, new to your blog!

During our TWW (they were so long ago!) we spent a lot of time reading, cooking, and being outside. I like Jill's idea of taking short road trips to change things up!

Wishing the best for you!
ainsley

Anonymous said...

Road trips are great- they always make the time pass by quicker. Other than that, it was business as usual, and I tried my best not to freak out about how many days past we were (although it never really worked).

Anonymous said...

Cat and I are newish to Seattle and we do something called Adventure Sunday once a month or so. We pick a place/function in the area that we have never done/been to and go. This could just be walking around a neighborhood, going to a farmers market or winery, a trip to the coast, day trips or visiting the tourist attractions. I love it.

Cat is a avid reader, video game player, foodie and TV watcher. I love museums and galleries, estate sales, being outside and adventuring. We spend a ridiculous amount of time making much needed improvements to our house and yard and playing with the dog. We try to spend time with friends too but like to limit that to every other weekend if possible, usually dinners or poker games.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I wrote something very similar about football on my blog. We don't watch the big game at all. It's just too dull.

I so hope that the little bundle of cells is burrowing like crazy right now!