Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Beta #4

Sunday night I sat down at the beta-doubling calculator and started plugging in numbers. I'm always at work when I get the beta results and I hate having to wait to get home to see what our speed is. I catch myself wondering all day if it was faster or slower, or how much faster, what speed would be a good goal, is that too high an expectation...etc. To avoid these pointless mental olympics, I did the math the night before. :) I figured out what our number would be if we were at a 72 hour doubling time (the highest "normal range" speed), a 59 hour (where we were at) and 48 hour (the goal). That way I had some guidelines in place to prepare for the news I would be given. 1300=bad, 1500=good, 1900=great. Yesterday our beta was 1625. That means our little one is still getting faster. We're now down to a 54 hour doubling time. On top of that, Trina went for her first 24hr period with no spotting. All around it was a pretty good day. :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some beautiful numbers! I haven't had a chance to say it yet, so CONGRATULATIONS! :-)

N said...

Hurrah for numbers speeding up?

I can't help but wonder if there was a twin that didn't make it, hence the numbers slowing down before getting better again. Fingers crossed that things keep going well!

Mina said...

Yay! Great news!!

LDT: Blog said...

Wonderful number ladies! Hooray for gaining speed!

anofferingoflove said...

that's great news!! woohoo!!!

Schroedinger said...

That's great news. My fingers are crossed for you two!

2momswithaplan said...

I was thinking the same thing as N when you said she was spotting and the numbers were slow rising. It must have been a twin that didn't stick. It sounds like you have a little fighter in there!

I'm happy to hear the numbers are increasing and hooray for no spotting!

JS said...

This is the best news!!! FWIW, my friend just found out yesterday that she is pregnant, and she just had what she thought was a period this past weekend. Totally normal bleeding for about 2 days, and some spotting before and after. And she is pregnant. 100%.
Your proof is in the numbers, girl....you guys are FINALLY pregnant!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

JS said...

Wait a minute....HOLD ON ONE MINUTE!!!! I just realized/remembered something that makes this even more so freaking awesome....these are your eggs!!!!! omg omg omg omg...this is just so cool.

KraftyKay said...

Yay! Congrats!

Carrie said...

this post made me so happy, you have no idea! Stick little baby, stick! :)

Sarah said...

Wonderful news! Congrats!! xo

Dani Magestro said...

That is fabulous! hugs and keep growing bean!!!

2 Chicks 1 Hatchling said...

Yay! Those numbers are lookin' good! Congrats!!!

mama bea, bao in the oven said...

Yipppeeee!!! So, so exciting.